Friday, January 15, 2010

Fastforward to the present day

Just for one post, I will update you to my "round 3!" Tonight, I did the unthinkable..I ventured out after 8 pm..completely alone. It's not that I avoided going out at night for safety reasons..oh no..it's just weird to imagine going out alone...at night. For me, it's one thing to go to a cafe and read, or out to dinner alone. But when friends back home started saying, "you should go to the bars during these 2 weeks," my mind automatically said..no, no, no. Maybe that's just me though (the girl that decided to go to freshman homecoming alone..just cause I could..).
But, I completely forgot about the relaxed, calm, and yet vibrant atmosphere that is a jazz lounge. Well, either way, I had an absolutely incredible time.
I went to a small jazz club called U Staré Paní ("At the Old Lady"). I never would have thought about going out at night during my alone time either, if Chad hadn't put the idea in my head. He mentioned to me that a friend of his would be playing at this jazz lounge tonight, and so I went. And I'm so glad I did. I introduced myself to Karel and Marie, Chad's friends. I had the first full conversation since my mom left (apart from the short return by my suite-mate, Alex, before she moved to Spain.) And I enjoyed the music immensely. Karel and Marie, were extremely warm and inviting people and the whole experience worked out!
I left, with a spring in my step and a slight need to wander: so I did.
It's amazing what happens when you go slightly out of your comfort zone, even if the feat isn't difficult.





No comments:

Post a Comment